• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer failed in submitting loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bkind710

Situation

I traded in my vehicle in August. The deal took 2 days to close as I didn't want to use Chrysler capitals interest rates and the banks were closed at the time in order to use a credit union for lower rate. I traded in my SUV and put 1500 down on a new car. I was preapproved and moved forward in signing contract and taking vehicle. First week of October comes around and my truck is barely getting paid off. I contact finance as I got a negative remark on my credit as the dealer took over 30 days to payoff. No answer, no return calls. Monday, my car smelt as if it was catching on fire. Contact service, and was advised to bring in. No problem. Go to make my first payment on vehicle Tuesday and was notified no loan at the bank. Contact finance, no answer, so I text salesperson in regard and then email GM as this issue needed to be resolved. Salesperson and GM had not heard of this. I was contacted back the following morning by an irate finance manager who said the bank must have lost the documents ach form and references they needed to close the loan. We end the call on no resolution. After going back and forth with GM via email, he needs the documents today in order to place the loan in August. I was not happy with this solution as the loan backdated would have hit my credit as late once again on their behalf, and at this point I wanted to have a dispute put in for my credit from the late trade as well as the car looked at prior to moving forward. GM contacts back apologizing for their mistake as their finance manager was aware of this for 30+ days and offers to make my payment. I advise him at this point I would like to return the car, because I do not want the back dated loan that was not my fault nor am I signing anything I already submitted once without my car being serviced. I offer to date the loan as of today and move forward, or return the car take trade value/down payment and he can now sell the car as used because I put 5000 miles on the vehicle thinking it was mine since there was no communication stating otherwise. I held up my end of the contract and was notified if the loan not being closed as I went to make my payment. All in all, it has been 50+ days I was never notified via phone,mail, email of the lost documents holding up the closing of loan. I have been in numerous times to get new paper plates as well. Today, GM contacts me they found my reference sheet and submitted to bank. (They did not find ach or voided check that was now added to list) he also verifies my truck has been sold, and the registration/title of the new car has not been done. I then call bank and tell them not to process as I wanted to return the vehicle or at least hold on for resolution I was satisfied with. They agree. GM contacts again and I let him know I will be by after work to drop off car and discuss how to move forward. Arrive at dealer to find he is not there...... what do I do in this situation? I feel I was being rational but they are of coarse wanting to move quickly now as this was brought to their attention. I do not feel I need another negative on my credit and he refuses to date the loan as of today, and does not sound too keen of returning trade value/dp from my truck..... where do I stand?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">