• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer screwed up my Finance terms and forgot to add my Trade

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Johnyrue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
So I purchase a Car on Dec 23, sign the Papers including everything for my trade which still has a 2800 balance, they offer me a 3000 for my trade, I except, they write up the contracts, I like the terms and sign everything and go home, Now three almost four weeks later, I pick uop my plates and the dealer informs me there was a snafu with the terms on the contract and they never subtracted my trade from what they were going to give me which it should of zeroed out. They unkindly explain that I can just walk away.. ( yeah thats not easy) or pay the payoff or they would take me to court. I told them, Im not walking away from my purchase, they didn't catch the terms till three weeks later which mind you I now have a late charge with my Bank on my Old Car and that they screwed up and didn't car to call my bank for three weeks for a payoff, so whats the verdict here , Am I on the hook for their gross mistake and are they obligated to pay off my trade or do I still have to pay it off or can I delay it.3000 is small claims isn't it?
need some advice here real quick.
Thank you Everyone.
V/r
Johnyrue:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">