• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer takes over payments (with a bad check)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daneman

I traded in a very nice vehicle for a beat up pick -up truck in an attempt to get out of debt. As part of the deal, the dealer was to pay off my lien. Right before the trade, I had sent $4,000 toward the principle. He never paid off the truck. I didn't find out until months later, due to my large chunk of principle being applied toward late payments. Meanwhile, he sold my truck without a title. After the bank called me and I bugged him, he sent in $8100 to pay off the lien. The bank sent me the title and then his check bounced. Now I am having trouble getting him to pay and my bank is getting itchy for their money (no collateral now). Will I be stuck paying this off? Will I get my truck back if I do pay it off?

L

lawrat

you won't see your truck but you should sue for the $ and for fraud.

www.attorneypages.com. A good attorney can get this to settle out of court

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">