• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer warranty - Dealer won't fix car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

State of California.

I have gone to another dealer, and they won't help me. They just give excuses. The BBB gave the response as 'the dealer offered a solution, and the consumer didn't accept'. I was not offered a solution. I also wrote to the Bureau of Automotive Repair in Sacramento. They turned it over to the Hayward office(that's what district I'm under). I've emailed them, called them, and they will not return my messages. I also went to the District Attorney of Consumer Affairs and I haven't heard back from them either. This has been going on for about 7 weeks. I also contacted Ford's Customer Relationship Center, and they had some 15 year old girl call me back just to tell me that the problem with my car is just 'protocol'. I have a legitimate complaint, here it is:

"I talked to a service person named Glenn about getting my car fixed. I have a 2007 Ford Focus with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty and I only have 6,100 miles on it. I told Glenn that I have a noise in my transmission, engine fans, and the A/C. The engine fans and A/C noises only happen when they are warmed up. I left my car to be fixed on 5-31-07. Glenn called me on 6-1-07 and told me they could not find anything wrong that I mentioned, so I said that the transmission noise is there and very loud and he told me to check it my self. He called me back and said that I was right and they are going to repair the transmission and he also said I don't want you to break down somewhere. He called me back and said they are not going to fix it because the service manager said "if the noise is loud where you can not talk in the car, then they will fix it". He also said before he called me the second time that I took a new Focus for a ride and there is no noise in it.

I worked on cars and transmissions for thirty five years and I know there is something wrong. I know it is a transmission bearing going bad. The service manager tried to tell me it was "roll-over gear noise", and that is not true. I owe $16,000 on this car, and I've bought two cars from Capitol Ford already. I am disabled and I cannot walk very far, and they already know that. I want my car fixed. They were very obtuse about fixing my car, and I don't think that they are very concerned about fixing it.

A new car should NOT make noise!"

At this point, what else can I do to get my car fixed, other than above? Does anyone have any case law about this kind of matter?What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
State of California.

I have gone to another dealer, and they won't help me. They just give excuses. The BBB gave the response as 'the dealer offered a solution, and the consumer didn't accept'. I was not offered a solution. I also wrote to the Bureau of Automotive Repair in Sacramento. They turned it over to the Hayward office(that's what district I'm under). I've emailed them, called them, and they will not return my messages. I also went to the District Attorney of Consumer Affairs and I haven't heard back from them either. This has been going on for about 7 weeks. I also contacted Ford's Customer Relationship Center, and they had some 15 year old girl call me back just to tell me that the problem with my car is just 'protocol'. I have a legitimate complaint, here it is:

"I talked to a service person named Glenn about getting my car fixed. I have a 2007 Ford Focus with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty and I only have 6,100 miles on it. I told Glenn that I have a noise in my transmission, engine fans, and the A/C. The engine fans and A/C noises only happen when they are warmed up. I left my car to be fixed on 5-31-07. Glenn called me on 6-1-07 and told me they could not find anything wrong that I mentioned, so I said that the transmission noise is there and very loud and he told me to check it my self. He called me back and said that I was right and they are going to repair the transmission and he also said I don't want you to break down somewhere. He called me back and said they are not going to fix it because the service manager said "if the noise is loud where you can not talk in the car, then they will fix it". He also said before he called me the second time that I took a new Focus for a ride and there is no noise in it.

I worked on cars and transmissions for thirty five years and I know there is something wrong. I know it is a transmission bearing going bad. The service manager tried to tell me it was "roll-over gear noise", and that is not true. I owe $16,000 on this car, and I've bought two cars from Capitol Ford already. I am disabled and I cannot walk very far, and they already know that. I want my car fixed. They were very obtuse about fixing my car, and I don't think that they are very concerned about fixing it.

A new car should NOT make noise!"

At this point, what else can I do to get my car fixed, other than above? Does anyone have any case law about this kind of matter?What is the name of your state?
You need to go "above" the dealer and contact the manufacturer directly. This is one of the steps to help insure your rights under the "lemon law". See http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon.php for more information.

Thanks for reply

I have all ready went to all the places you in your reply about, but not the Lemon Law I am going to try that.
Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">