• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer won't give me trade money for car and title for new car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sebas54

Hi, I live in NY but purchased a car in NJ. I went to the dealer with 2 cars to trade in to purchase a new car. The first car was a "clunker" the second car was a trade in for the amount of $8000. It has been 2 months now and they will not give me the title or the trade in money which I was supposed to receive a week after I purchased the car. The dealer says that they are waiting for the clunker money in order to give me the trade money of the second car. When we did the contract it does not say anything about having to wait to get my money. All it says is that we the dealer owes you $4000 the other half went toward the new car.

When I went to go and purchase the car the salesman had no clue about the clunker law and did even care. All he wanted to do was sell the car and get it off the lot. He forced the new car on me without even seeing the clunker or the trade in vehicle. He told me to bring the cars down the next day which was a Sunday and that everything would be taken care of including my money.

I call the dealer and they are very rude and never return my phone calls.

GMC has a return policy now if your not satisfied but it starts today and I bought the car almost two months ago.

What should I do? They owe me $4000 and they won't give the title. I have been making payments on the car. I can't get the car registered and my insurance is going to run out. I feel hopeless. What there doing is completely illegal.

Please help. I feel that they are discriminating because of my age.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">