• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealership changing agreement after everything signed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjcoastie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR state. Warrenton.

Husband and I recently bought a used vehicle, traded in two vehicles to get it. Signed all paperwork with the dealership and my bank. Now the dealership doesn't want me to use my bank because my bank has a rule that they won't send money until they have the title in hand,for out of state dealerships. My bank is in AK, bought vehicle in OR. We already signed everything, had it notorized too at the dealership. So they saw all the paperwork, even the loan aggreement. Dealership has our trade ins. I already set up payment with my bank to be directly deposited. Should I have to change the financial institution just because the dealer didn't fully understand and listen to my bank. We were going to register the vehicle in OR, but that will take 4-6 weeks. We already spoke with the DMV person at my bank and once she gets the form (which she can fax, and we fax back) she can have the registration worked out in a mater of 2 days. The dealer, last time we spoke to them still wanted us to change the financer. Can the dealer do that? THank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

the dealer cannot force you to use any particular lender. They can require you to leave the car on the lot until they recieve money though.

CraigFL

To me, it looks like the dealer has a title problem. You need to discuss with them what the problem may be to get this resolved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">