• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dealership contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tar111267

my name is teresa, i live in kentucky.
i bought a car off a used dealership. i was told the downpayment was $550.00 and the total car price. i told him i would give him $700.00 and $40.00 a week and if i could afford more a week i would pay extra. he agreed. when he printed out the contract, it said $50.00 a week. i brought it to his attention before i signed the contract and he said don't worry i'll take care of that. i've made 6 payments of $50.00 a week because i've been able to afford it. today i went in to make payment of $40.00 because i couldn't afford anymore this week. he told me i could pay $60.00 next week. i brought our agreement to his attention and he's saying he doesn't remember making that agreement, and threatened to go take my car. i also listened to comments about me being a woman. when i first went to test drive the car he told me an employee had to ride with me because of insurance, meanwhile a man comes in to test drive and he was not told that and was given the keys to test drive alone. i feel i am being discriminated against because i am a woman. is he in the right to do this?
can i return the car for the amount of money i already paid on it $1000.00 or does he have me?

L

loku

Unfair dealorship

I’m afraid you are stuck with the $50 per week. Even if the oral agreement to pay $40 was valid (and it probably is not if the written contract specifies $50), he denies it and you can not prove it, so the law goes by the writing.

He is certainly wrong to discriminate against you because you are a woman, so there may be a civil rights remedy for you in that; however, you would probably have trouble proving your case in that also. You might discuss this with the American Civil Liberties Union.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">