• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dealership failure to produce title 1 yr.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gree_dough

I bought a motorcycle from a local dealership 11 months ago. I was told that I would receive the title in the mail in a few weeks. A month passed and I was again told that I should receive it anytime now... after several more calls I still do not have the title, and it has been 11 months. They have offered to buy-back the motorcycle since I have only put 11 miles on it since it was purchased (due to the fact that I don't have a title). What legal action can I take?

G

gree_dough

In Oregon it is common practice for the dealership to do the processing through the DMV for the customer. The title, tags, and plates are registered, renewed, etc. as an expected service.

Last edited:

wtd

Maybe its something as simple as it having been lost in the mail.

Why not give the DMV a ring and try to get a copy of the title.

If told that they can't provide a copy as there is no title on file for the vehicle, then the dealer hasn't filed the application for some reason, and after almost a year probably never will, so sell the bike back to the dealer - its not doing you much good just sitting there and I don't think you can sell it to anyone else without the title.

If you are able to order a copy of the title, simply do so.

Good luck,
wtd

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">