• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealership Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdco

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I bought a car from a pretty big dealership,in CO. A week later it started making a funny noise so I took it in to get checked. I was told that nothing was wrong with the car. Another week went by and the noise got louder. I called the dealership again and was told to bring it in. I made one of the mechanics get in the car with me and listen to the sound the engine was making. I was told that it was probly due to the cheap gas I was putting in the car. So I insisted they look at it again and that I wasn’t taking no or cheap gas for an answer. They kept the car and gave me a loaner car. Two days later I received a phone call from the Service dept. at the dealership and was told that engine was blown on the car. I told them at that time I wanted another car before my paper work went through and was told that they were going to put another engine in the car and that the paper work had already gone through that I was stuck with the car. I called the sales guy, sales manager and the finance manager and they all said the same thing, I was stuck with the car. I finally got in contact with the owner of the dealership. At first he told me the same thing that there was nothing he could do, than after several words being exchanged not to mention the tears he finally said that he felt sorry for me and would do me a favor and look for me another car. I took his word for it and said ok. The next day I received a phone call from the service dept. stating that my car was finished and that I needed to pick it up and return the loaner car. I informed them that I wasn’t keeping that car that the owner was looking for me another car. They were unaware of this and told me to call the one of the managers, I called the guy they told me to call and was told that if I didn’t bring the loaner car back that they were going to call the police and report it stolen. I called the owner in tears explaining to him that I thought we had an agreement that I was getting a different car. He said I was but I had to take my car and give back the loaner car. He then agreed to send someone out to my job to bring me my car and take back the loaner car. I have followed up with the owner for several weeks now and he keeps saying that he hasn’t found any cars that he think that I would like or he says that he is going in a day to buy more cars, each time it is a different excuse. Last week I finally have had it and called him and told him enough is enough and that I wanted something done as the car now as started leaking oil. He told me to bring the car in and they would look at it. I told him no I wanted another car since he promised me one, I told him I don’t want the car he claimed they put a new engine in the car, if that’s the case why is it leaking oil all over my driveway. He got an attitude with me and said that he changed his mind and he wasn’t helping me and not to call him anymore and hung up on me. I have tried calling him back several times and he has not taken my calls. I trusted him and now my 1st car payment is due today and of course I am stuck paying it on a car that is crap. I feel totally ripped off and disrespected. I also can’t help but to think that this happened because I am a femalel. Just by the way I was talked to by him.
What can I do about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">