• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealership refuses to return FULL down payment. assist me please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HavokXIII

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

a friend just purchased a car, and placed a $3000 down payment on it. the dealership stated that his costs would be $400 monthly with insurance covered in that cost. after 2 days of enjoying his car, he finds out that the dealership lied to him and the $400 covers only the car. he tells the dealership he could not afford the vehicle and would have to return it.

following morning a tow service repossessed his car and took it to the dealership without his consent. he receives a call from the dealership stating that they will refund only $1100 of his initial down payment. please keep in mind he only have possession of the vehicle for 3 days. is there anything i can do to at least help him get his entire $3000 back? A Consumer Lawyers assistance would be greatly appreciated on this question.

i have attempted to find advice on this matter for the past 6 hours, please assist. Any useful information is good information.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

a friend just purchased a car, and placed a $3000 down payment on it. the dealership stated that his costs would be $400 monthly with insurance covered in that cost. after 2 days of enjoying his car, he finds out that the dealership lied to him and the $400 covers only the car. he tells the dealership he could not afford the vehicle and would have to return it.

following morning a tow service repossessed his car and took it to the dealership without his consent. he receives a call from the dealership stating that they will refund only $1100 of his initial down payment. please keep in mind he only have possession of the vehicle for 3 days. is there anything i can do to at least help him get his entire $3000 back? A Consumer Lawyers assistance would be greatly appreciated on this question.

i have attempted to find advice on this matter for the past 6 hours, please assist. Any useful information is good information.
What does the sales contract say?

HavokXIII

What does the sales contract say?
I cannot find any information on his agreement stating a "liquidated damages" form. plus the vehicle was in his possession for only 3 days, (technically 2.5 days) besides the few miles he has used in travel to and from work, i think $1100 is a ridiculous charge for only utilizing the vehicle for 2.5 days and returning it exactly the same way he purchased it.

justalayman

Does his finance agreement state the $400 payment includes insurance?

Unless the car lot was also an insurance agency or brokerage there is no way they could provide a cost for insurance.

Was this a brand new car or a used vehicle?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">