• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealership wont give back my trade in after deal fell through.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fernando13

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

I'm having a problem with a dealership, I purchased a car from them but the sales person who made the deal falsely submitted pay stubs that were supposed to be mine, in order to be accepted for financing and he did this without my permission. long story short the financing company droped the deal because of the fake proof of income after they called me and i was not able to provide them with the information they requested. The deal was also left pending finalization because the title of the car i traded in as downpayment was not being signed by my father who was the co signer/and co owner of the car . Once i asked for my trade in back, they first said they had already sold the car to someone by a wholesale and that they had repaired what was wrong with my vehicle, which was some problems with the engine. According to them they cannot give me my car back because supposedly they sold it to someone else already and because they fixed it. They also said that even if they were able to give it back to me I would be liable for their cost of fixing the car even though i never told them to do it and the deal was not finalized since i never fully sign the title over to them. My question is... Do i have a case here? I've been reading on Deceptive Trade regulations and they seem to be at fault for many things on this deal. Im thinking they are underbuying my car by giving me a low trade in ammount fixing it and making a lot more money from it, and thats why the dont want to give it back. Im hoping someone who knows about consumer law or has had an experience like this one can maybe give me some information as to how to proceed. Thank you.

FernandoWhat is the name of your state?

SharkUW

Well, if you never signed over the title, and they never compensated you for the car and they committed fraud under your name....

edit: oh, and of course they buy your car extra cheap, fix it and resell it. that's the general concept of trade-ins...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">