• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealerships Woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

volkswagclaims

New Jersey

I am posting in the Insurance, Consumer Protection, an Accident Law, because I believe my issue can fall within each section.

We have a current issue with our dealership and some damages done to our car by said party. Long story short, my mother sent in our car for repairs THREE times for apparently the same problem. The first two times, the dealership had failed to properly find the problem. Our car died on us twice on the highway, and once again in a busy street because of this problem. During the car's third trip to the dealership, one of the dealership's employees was involved in an accident with our car while taking it out on a test run. Although the first time we were contacted the Dealer claimed he would take care of it, after a few weeks, he wanted our insurance company to take care of the damages - neglecting to consider that it would be our family that would ultimately bare the burden of raised insurance rates. The dealership is still in possession of our car, however they have given us a loaner in the meantime. I feel that they have completely taken advantage of my mother, as she's been largely quiet and passive on the issue. What could we do?

We simply do not want to bare the costs, or the raised insurance rates, of an accident we are not responsible for. Also, the problems with my mother's car started on December 29th. They already failed to fix the problem twice, how do we know they won't fail again the third time? The previous two times the car failed on the highway, despite the “repairs”. These failures could’ve led to serious injuries. To be fair, we wouldn't mind paying for the costs of the dysfunctional part, but not for the work they've done. The job they've done has been inadequate, their cooperation with us has been poor, and it has given us tons of unnecessary headaches. Please Help us

volkswagclaims

Ok, thanks. Hope it doesn't get me banned, i'm new here so i'm not familiar with all the rules. I also posted in another thread, it might have been insurance and consumer protection. I'm just not sure where the issue can be categorized in.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ok, thanks. Hope it doesn't get me banned, i'm new here so i'm not familiar with all the rules. I also posted in another thread, it might have been insurance and consumer protection. I'm just not sure where the issue can be categorized in.
No problem - you won't get banned :)

You have two separate issues - many (most?) of the advisors here will see your post in any of the areas that you put it, so you'll get answers to the various issues no matter where you start.

quincy

New Jersey

I am posting in the Insurance, Consumer Protection, an Accident Law, because I believe my issue can fall within each section.

We have a current issue with our dealership and some damages done to our car by said party. Long story short, my mother sent in our car for repairs THREE times for apparently the same problem. The first two times, the dealership had failed to properly find the problem. Our car died on us twice on the highway, and once again in a busy street because of this problem. During the car's third trip to the dealership, one of the dealership's employees was involved in an accident with our car while taking it out on a test run. Although the first time we were contacted the Dealer claimed he would take care of it, after a few weeks, he wanted our insurance company to take care of the damages - neglecting to consider that it would be our family that would ultimately bare the burden of raised insurance rates. The dealership is still in possession of our car, however they have given us a loaner in the meantime. I feel that they have completely taken advantage of my mother, as she's been largely quiet and passive on the issue. What could we do?

We simply do not want to bare the costs, or the raised insurance rates, of an accident we are not responsible for. Also, the problems with my mother's car started on December 29th. They already failed to fix the problem twice, how do we know they won't fail again the third time? The previous two times the car failed on the highway, despite the “repairs”. These failures could’ve led to serious injuries. To be fair, we wouldn't mind paying for the costs of the dysfunctional part, but not for the work they've done. The job they've done has been inadequate, their cooperation with us has been poor, and it has given us tons of unnecessary headaches. Please Help us
If you have not reported the car accident to your insurer, you should. They will handle the matter for you/your mother. This is why you pay for insurance.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">