• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deauthorizing payment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chittybank KMA

What is the name of your state? KY

Here's a good one: I had a credit card with Citibank. After a 6 month ordeal with a chargeback it was clear to me that I didn't need to do business with those morons anymore. Has it ever taken anyone 6 months to do a chargeback? Have you ever had to send 4 Fed X packages and make 35 phone calls to resolve a chargeback. It might if you do business with Chittybank. I made no mistake about how I felt with them through the whole thing. Once the chargeback got settled I canceled the card. And told them where they could shove it. And it wasn't a pretty picture that I painted. I have a cancellation # and owed nothing on the card.

As I was overly abusive to all the chitheads involved at chittybank, they saw an opportunity to take a parting shot. They continued to charge AOL on this card, after it was cancelled. They claim prexisting contract. However they can't produce said contract. Nor have they dinked my credit report. (Possible grounds for suit) They have turned me over to collections 3 times now. I gleefully explain to the collections agent that all this balloned past due amout was on a closed card and they stop calling. It would seem to me that even the collection agent knows it wasn't legal to reinstate the card.

I have seen some KY KRS (wish I had the #) about payments made by Banks on behalf of customers can be cancelled by contacting said bank in writing or verbally to stop payments.

Could this KRS apply here. Any other caselaw I should read on this matter?

I refuse to pay Chittybank a dime without a court order period! My credit can handle this but I have to feel sorry for those that have to take that kind of abuse from CC companies just to survive.

Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">