• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debit Card Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

Quinton

Dear All

I really dont know what to do.
Recently I was on vacation in Italy when my wallet was stolen along with my Bank of America Debit Card.
As soon as I realized my wallet was missing, I immediately phoned Bank of America to cancel my card and was told it was cancelled and was relieved to hear that it had not been used.
Four days later I checked my account balance and found that someone had used my card and money was taken out of my account.
I immediately phoned Bank Of America and asked what was going on and they told me that everything was normal and that I would be refunded the full ammount, Once again I was relieved.
A few days later my account was credited with the full ammount ($966) less a $12 fee.
Approxamately 1 month later $966 was taken out my account by Bank of America and they told me that there was some problem and my claim was denied!!!
I couldnt believe it and now I dont know what to do.

Thankyou for your reply.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I don't mean to sound flippant about your situation, but "reply" to what ? What's your question ?

When you find out why your claim has been denied, please come back to tell us, and perhaps then, there might be something upon which we may comment or assist.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">