• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deception? Health Diagnostics Provider

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Guri

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dear Forum,

I live in Thornton, Colorado (8-mile from Denver), and my doctor requested me some tests and recommended me a local health diagnostics provider.

First, I inquired my health insurance company if they should approve pay the tests and the provider. My health insurance said yes.

On august 2009 the health diagnostics provider's office gave me to fill my personal data and at the page where they ask the consumer to accept to pay if the insurance refuses later to be accountable for that, I wrote a clause to perform only the tests paid by my insurance company. Tests were blood, Vitamin D.

Two months after, the health diagnostics provider sent me an invoice to pay them $286. I informed about to my health insurance. They assured me the diagnostics provider was paid by $727 and my responsibility was zero. Also, my health insurance company told me they called the diagnostics provider to know about the problem, and the diagnostics provider's clerk informed them she would prompt her supervisor. But, my health insurance company did not give me any feedback about.

Then, last December 28, 2009 I sent a certified letter with signed delivery (I got back the delivery confirmation) to the health diagnostics provider in Phoenix, Arizona telling them my surprise of their invoice and informing them that my health insurance company confirmed me the payment was issued to them. I also requested to the health diagnostics provider to show me any proof that I have a debt with them.

The health diagnostics provider did not address nor showed or wrote me or communicated with me about any evidence that I have a debt with them. Rather, I am receiving phone calls from a collection company on behalf such provider.

In my letter to the diagnostics provider, I also requested them in writing if at the time they performed the Vitamin D Test, they had fixed the erroneous results of their Vitamin D Test reported by the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/business/08labtest.html?_r=1&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink) and CBS News (Major Lab Discloses Problem With Vitamin D Testing - CBS News). They did not give any response.

I contacted again my health insurance provider and they requested me to fill an appeal to pay the amount of $286 to the diagnostic provider and send it by fax. I did that, but their silence is total on outcomes.

I would appreciate your generous advice what can I do to resolve such problem and get from the diagnostics provider cancels the collection agency harassment and they demiss the case.

With gratitude,

Guri

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">