• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Default Car Dealer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tone_LZ

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have had some credit problems in the past which I am currently dealing with; nevertheless I went and signed a contract with a car dealer to buy a used vehicle. The contract stated that it could not be cancelled unless agreed upon by me and the dealer. Two weeks later they asked me to bring the car back because they could not find a financial institution to pick up the financing. When I went to the dealership to discuss this problem they took the car and a few days later they gave me my down payment. The contract did not state its validity was dependant upon being accepted by a financial institution nor did the financial officer at time the tell me this. I sold my old car to have the down payment for the new vehicle and am now out of transportation. Are they allowed to do this? Is the contract I signed valid? Do I have any recourse?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">