• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defining "itemized inventory"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nardo1984

California. Had a house fire. The company that came in to clean our textile handed us a pamphlet of their services, which stated an "itemized inventory." We never received what I would consider a detailed, specific list of our clothes as they offered. They gave us a very generic list that would include listings of like 10 pairs of pants, 15 pairs of shoes, 35 shirts. When our clothes returned we had items missing but no specific list that we could go off of. They say they returned everything of course, but their pamphlet offered an itemized list of our inventory, which they would not produce. To me itemizing is detailed and descriptive of each item. So I refused to pay for the items that we know are missing. They have filed for breach of contract and collections. Would this not fall under "specific performance" since their information material said we would get an itemized list? Also on the bottom of the contract there is a line to sign for "satisfaction of service" which we never signed. But since they know that the insurance company has cut me the check, they want their money. Do I have grounds to stand on? I think they breached their end of the contract because there is no way to determine if what they took, is what I will get back. They also returned throw pillows to me that are not mine. They took 11 from the house and billed for 14. The 3 extra are the ones that are not mine. So that shows their lists of our belongings is not correct. Any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">