• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delivery of product promised but then delayed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

denlocke

What is the name of your state? WA
My brother purchased an after-market car hood from a racing parts store. He chose this store because every other store in the area told him that they would not be able to get the part for months. This particular store told him he could get it within a week or two. After my brother makes the purchase and two weeks pass, they tell him it will take longer. It has now been 6 weeks and it is still at least a couple of weeks out. My brother is moving out-of-state now and he has tried to cancel the order but in their contract it says he defaults half of the payment if he does. They are unwilling to give him credit for another item or help him in any other way. My question is, are there any consumer protection laws (or any precedent) that could protect my brother from this situation or help him negotiate a return of his money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">