• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dell - Cancelling order after confirmation due to error on website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigdummy

What is the name of your state?:Georgia

This morning I was on the Dell website and looking for a good deal on a desktop computer. I have been looking and following the online deals for weeks. Under the TV Ads they have the Dimension 3000 for 100 after 50 rebate. This was a P4.....I thought it was strange and I followed it through each page and I even got out of the program and went back in to make sure. I called Cus Svc and they confirmed, so I proceeded to load it up and finally purchased a pretty decent computer for a total of 513.66. I received an e-mail acknowledgement of the sale with all of the prices and shipping information. The mail said I would get cust number and order number in a day. They even confirmed my credit card purchase information. At 6:00 tonight I received an e-mail stating that were cancelling the order due to an error in price. I am pissed. I confirmed over the phone before I purchased. I did purchase. I printed out all the information and saved the documents.

Once I received their e-mail I went in to my files to print everything out and Dell had gone into my temp internet files and my cookies and deleted any reference to my purchase. Luckily I had printed some of the documents. Do I have any recourse to get the computer I already purchased for the price I bought it for?

racer72

No. Read the user agreement on the site. It specifically states that they have the right to cancel any sales due to errors. You had to agree to to this agreement to make a purchase.

stephenk

"Dell had gone into my temp internet files and my cookies and deleted any reference to my purchase"

Now how did Dell do that?

bigdummy

Someone is not getting it!

To Racer 72

Thanks for the response.....I did read it.......actually I was never required to agree to it during purchase. Thanks for the info.

To Stephen K

Could you clarify your response? Carefully!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">