• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dell Laptop Parts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michael5258

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.

Ok. I bought a dell laptop about 14 months ago. The keyboard has failed.
I called and ordered a replacement keyboard. Now its over two months later and i have not recieved the part. They have changed my on or berfore delivery date on the order of about 12 or 13 times. I have not been able to get this resolved. Are there any legal routs i can take to remedy this. I am afraid i will never get this part and have a worthless laptop. By the way dell say they are having supply constraints and that is why im not recieving the part. I would appriciate any advice that you can give me. Remeber all dont buy a Dell.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.

Ok. I bought a dell laptop about 14 months ago. The keyboard has failed.
I called and ordered a replacement keyboard. Now its over two months later and i have not recieved the part. They have changed my on or berfore delivery date on the order of about 12 or 13 times. I have not been able to get this resolved. Are there any legal routs i can take to remedy this. I am afraid i will never get this part and have a worthless laptop. By the way dell say they are having supply constraints and that is why im not recieving the part. I would appriciate any advice that you can give me. Remeber all dont buy a Dell.
If they don't have the part, what do you want them to do?

swalsh411

It's not entirely worthless. You can plug in a usb keyboard.

Has the keyboard entirely failed or just some keys? Have you cleaned it with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol? (obviously not while plugged in, and give it some time to dry).

michael5258

If they don't have the part, what do you want them to do?
I want them to supply parts for a computer they have sold. there is no other sorce that i can get the part from. They tell me half the times i have called in that it is in stock and that they are sending out. Then when i call in about the fact that they have left me and automated message telling me it will be another week they tell me yeah they were mistaken and the part is not in. They have changed the date they wer supposed to send the part over a dozen times.

michael5258

It's not entirely worthless. You can plug in a usb keyboard.

Has the keyboard entirely failed or just some keys? Have you cleaned it with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol? (obviously not while plugged in, and give it some time to dry).
Ive cleaned it. It has failed. It is not practical for me to plug in a usb keyboard. The input for the keyboard in the off position and on position causes some type of failure. It has to be replaced.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Demand your money back. If your computer is not under warranty, then that would be your only recourse.

(If they don't have the part, how can they send it to you?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">