• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dell not delivering money owed to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eid

In November 2009 Dell Inc told me to send them my laptop for a refund as they were no longer able to supply parts for it. they received it on November 16th and have told me many times my check is on its way. only to then say someone canceled it. or they sent it to the wrong address. i have been lied to many many times when they say we sent it out today you should get it in 6-8 days or 3-5 days or even 10-14 days. none of witch were accurate. I am now left Jobless and unable to finish training i was taking using my computer to obtain new employment. I have filed a BBB complaint. That has made no difference at all and i am still left waiting and wondering if i will ever get the money they owe me.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Mass_Shyster

In November 2009 Dell Inc told me to send them my laptop for a refund as they were no longer able to supply parts for it. they received it on November 16th and have told me many times my check is on its way. only to then say someone canceled it. or they sent it to the wrong address. i have been lied to many many times when they say we sent it out today you should get it in 6-8 days or 3-5 days or even 10-14 days. none of witch were accurate. I am now left Jobless and unable to finish training i was taking using my computer to obtain new employment. I have filed a BBB complaint. That has made no difference at all and i am still left waiting and wondering if i will ever get the money they owe me.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Sue them. If you hadn't deleted the question about your state, I would have told you which court to sue them in.

Eid

I am sorry, I am in Pennsylvania and Unfortunately I have no money available to hire an attorney

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am sorry, I am in Pennsylvania and Unfortunately I have no money available to hire an attorney
This link will provide information. http://tinyurl.com/yhsb92z

Your problem may be that you may be required to bring legal proceedings in a different state. That information would be contained in your purchase contract.

BL

Forget the BBB .
Contact your local Office Of Attorney General-Consumer Affairs Dept .
That Agency has the consumer contact information for Companies .
You can file a complaint .You may be able to file it online , or they will send you the form to return with you proofs of what has transpired .

When you call they may provide the consumer contact to you ,and you could try calling yourself ,in the meantime .

It may take 30 days ,or more,but you should get some action through that agency .No guaranties ,but since you were suppose to receive a refund ( I assume you have reference numbers ),you should not have a problem.

Eid

Forget the BBB .
Contact your local Office Of Attorney General-Consumer Affairs Dept .
That Agency has the consumer contact information for Companies .
You can file a complaint .You may be able to file it online , or they will send you the form to return with you proofs of what has transpired .

When you call they may provide the consumer contact to you ,and you could try calling yourself ,in the meantime .

It may take 30 days ,or more,but you should get some action through that agency .No guaranties ,but since you were suppose to receive a refund ( I assume you have reference numbers ),you should not have a problem.
Yes, i have reference numbers, names, dates, and Dell responses to BBB all recorded. I sent in the online complaint to the Attorney general however received no response so they are now sending the paperwork to me

BL

Yes, i have reference numbers, names, dates, and Dell responses to BBB all recorded. I sent in the online complaint to the Attorney general however received no response so they are now sending the paperwork to me
Good luck and keep us updated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">