• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dentist Collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qwerty9988

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am likely going to be taken to small claims court for a dental bill. The dentist office (Great Expressions in Tucker, GA) was in my Delta Dental network. They told me what the bill would be, which I paid at the time service was given. Sometime later they attempted to bill me for an additional $90. The bill didn't give any detail as to what the $90 was for, and I asked them to send me a detailed bill (ie, charges, what insurance paid, what I paid).

Then sometime after that, they told me that Delta Dental was not paying some of my claims and they are now billing me for the balance (over $500). I realize this is not alot of money, but how can they do this? I called Delta Dental, and they indicated that there were several claims paid, but they couldn't give me any information on specifically what was billed/paid because it is 'direct billing'. So now Great Expressions has a collection agency contacting me.

So far, they contacted me at work, and I asked them to call me at home. They are an in-network dentist. How can they do this? Should I just pay? If there is not a law against this, I think there should be, because this is some kind of a scam. I have never heard of this in any other kind of business .. you tell the customer what something will cost, and after the fact, decide to charge more. I could understand if I was fraudulent about my insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">