• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denver- Santander refi contract fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

refihelp

I would like to form a complaint against Santander and ask for advice on where to go from here. I had my vehicle refinanced with Santander 2 months ago. On the first contract I had signed I had scratched out the terms for the 5 year loan and replaced it with 3 years. The amount for the 5 year term was $167. I was told that since I had made cross out the contract was voided and they did not do refinances for 3 years but if I was still interested to send in a new contract with no cross outs so I did. A month later when the loan funded I was told that my payments were $278 a month and it had funded for the 3 years. I wrote to my loan processor and told her I hadn’t agreed to those terms or signed any paper work for that amount, I never heard from her again. I have been making contact with Santander for the last 50 days trying to get this matter resolved and I receive a different answer every time, usually that a supervisor will be in touch with me and I never receive a call from anyone but the collection people. I want to have this resolved but I don’t see how I can be charged a monthly amount for something I never signed, and I have asked them to send me something that shows I agreed to that amount and that’s when I get told a supervisor will call me back. Today when I talked to them they said that they funded on the contract with the scratch outs and I told them that I was told because there were scratch outs that contract was voided by their company they said that they never said that and there is nothing I can do but try and get refinanced with another company. I left a voicemail for the Vice President but I’m sure I will not hear anything back. I’m worried my car might get repossessed. I really want to fix this but I can’t seem to get anywhere with them and I guess more than anything I need to know where to go from here? Any advice is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">