• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposit paid nearly 8 months ago, still waiting for item promised "in 4 to 6 weeks"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevins

Deposit paid nearly 8 months ago, still waiting for item promised "in 4 to 6 weeks"

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi, I'm hoping the experts can advise me here.

Nearly 8 months ago, I wired a deposit to a company in Canada, for an item they promised to deliver and install "in 4 to 6 weeks".

They stated upfront that the deposit was non-refundable.

The deposit is just under US$5000. I have proof from them that they received it.

Since sending in the deposit, I have called or emailed them each month, to check on the status.

The few times I have received an email response/spoken to a person, they have told me over and over again "sorry for the delay.... we will get to you .... expect delivery in a few weeks....".

After a few months I tried to get their local BBB (they are a member) to give them a "push in the right direction", and the BBB gave up with "good luck - we got no reply, we are giving them an F".

I have not received an email or been able to get hold of a person (I get voicemail) for nearly 2 months now. Their website is still being updated.

Ideally I still want the item, though I'm beginning to think I will never see it, and likely need to do something legal to get my deposit back.

What are my options? All constructive advice appreciated!

Thank you!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It doesn't really matter WHAT the item was. This site is for US Law Only. If you wish to do anything other than keep waiting, you will need to avail yourself of the Canadian legal system.

kevins

Thanks! I guess missed the part where it says this site is US law only...

If any-one has any advice on free law advice websites serving Canada, please let me know.

I googled and got WORLD Law Direct Forums - so I shall try there for now.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">