• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Descriminated againt and kicked from buisiness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stamped24k

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachuetts

I have been Hunting jewelry antiques ..pottery..glass. silverware.. and mid century modern furniture at the same multi million dollar thrift store franchise for 9 years
and shopping there for 14 ( i have a great local reputation for being a good and honest antique seller) and i have a great name for myself on ebay

in previous years i have been met with nothing but hostility from the manager of this establishment
ive had employees tell me to get a real job...the manager has with held priced items until i leave the store
then put them out..
Then lie to my face and say they werent doing it
When i had a friend working there who would tell me all they had to say about me
when i mentioned this to the assistant manager she
Got very loud and unreasonable and in my face with an i know it all attitude

i responded with ..i am the customer and i am damn well right please dont talk to me

3 days later as i was leaving the store.(on store property) .Her husband confronted me
And threatened me
Stating that his kids dont ( talk to his wife like that and he doent and hell be damn well if im gonna. he blocked the path to my vehicle ..i told him if he didnt move i was going into the store and complaining i explained that its his wifes place of work...and he should reconsider and just move out of my way..

he Threatened to have me beat up and immediatley got on his phone...
i then went inside and told the floor manager of this problem..she went to the back and the husband followed..after 10 minutes of standing in the front of the store i walked to the back of the store

where her husband was standing with 2 employees..and talking about me .saying yeah dude i know that guy hes a
i then yelled for the manager and complained about this..explainging that he is besmirching my name

at this point they threatened to call the cops..i asked if they please would so i could file a complaint and have a record of what had happened to me..The next day they would not let me into the store
there reason was that i was big intimidating and scary

i contacted the Companys district manager
he let me back in the store with the stipulation nothing be said from either party
the same employee who was talking about me saw me walking and pulled over to yell at me and call me a piece of xxx and threaten to hit me

i contacted the general manager a second time and he assured me this was the final time there would be any contact from them towards me ( i still felt like i was being dodged and nothing was being done ..) So all was quiet and well for 6 months despite the usual dodging me on items over pricing items they knew i was interested in ..changing their entire way of putting jewelry out just to make my life difficult

Then came last friday

The manager knows nothign about gold other then if it has a mark on it..so he took 2 items to the pawn shop in his pocket on his break and had them rubbed
he then returned to thrift store and told me he wanted 199$ each for the items(voiced it as one ninety nine each) .i said sure put em up at the register ..i had a 30% off card and intended on using it on my 400$ purchase

when i got to the register the cashier rang both items (no tags just a verbal price) for $1.99
each total $4.23
i paid this price and left the store the next day the manager got in my face saying i needed to pay back the money

im not a moron so i responded with..i do not have to pay anything back
what we have here is a matter of employee error..
i did nothing to manipulate the price the item was sold to me for and i have a bill of sale...im sorry

he responded with you have no clue what your doing to yourself the gears are in motion now!

i went back to shopping
the floor manager then asked me to go outside with her (this is the only person in this store with any sense of professionalism) she then told me i need to pay the money back
i told her i would but i was going to use my 30% off card.that i intended on using the day before.she said that i couldnt use the card and needed to pay the full 400$

i said then im paying nothing
she then responded with you are not going to be happy with the outcome Eric.(me).and went inside

2 days went by until i returned

Come tuesday i enter the store..the jewelry lady has been removed from the front of the store..and is going through it in the back room...and they told me i was not allowed to go in the bins of priced items to go out.

i went home and called the corperate hq
they told me the manager of the company would be in touch

the next day i went back to the store with my daughter and girlfriend
the manager came up to the front of the store pointed me out of a crowd of my friends and peers and said thats him..i had a no trespass order filed against me and That i was kicked out because the situation at hand resulted in a female employee needing to be on medication for the stress???
i guarantee its the cashieer who rang me out incorrectly or the original manager whos husband ..i had the dispute with..
i was told im not allowed in any of their stores anywhere. in the usa or canada .i feel a great deal of injustice and i want to sue.. do i have a case?

Im not a jerk i belive in karma and treating people how you want to be treated..i raise my child the same ..
My ebay buisiness is dying with no new inventory it 2 week before xmas ..i never even got to stick up for myself
any advice would really help..im stuck..

thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

I have been Hunting jewelry antiques ..pottery..glass. silverware.. and mid century modern furniture at the same multi million dollar thrift store franchise for 9 years
and shopping there for 14 ( i have a great local reputation for being a good and honest antique seller) and i have a great name for myself on ebay

in previous years i have been met with nothing but hostility from the manager of this establishment
ive had employees tell me to get a real job...the manager has with held priced items until i leave the store
then put them out..
Then lie to my face and say they werent doing it
When i had a friend working there who would tell me all they had to say about me
when i mentioned this to the assistant manager she
Got very loud and unreasonable and in my face with an i know it all attitude

i responded with ..i am the customer and i am damn well right please dont talk to me

3 days later as i was leaving the store.(on store property) .Her husband confronted me
And threatened me
Stating that his kids dont (talk to his wife like that and he doent and hell be damn well if im gonna. he blocked the path to my vehicle ..i told him if he didnt move i was going into the store and complaining i explained that its his wifes place of work...and he should reconsider and just move out of my way..

he Threatened to have me beat up and immediatley got on his phone...
i then went inside and told the floor manager of this problem..she went to the back and the husband followed..after 10 minutes of standing in the front of the store i walked to the back of the store

where her husband was standing with 2 employees..and talking about me .saying yeah dude i know that guy hes a xx
i then yelled for the manager and complained about this..explainging that he is besmirching my name

at this point they threatened to call the cops..i asked if they please would so i could file a complaint and have a record of what had happened to me..The next day they would not let me into the store
there reason was that i was big intimidating and scary

i contacted the Companys district manager
he let me back in the store with the stipulation nothing be said from either party
the same employee who was talking about me saw me walking and pulled over to yell at me and call me a piece of xx and threaten to hit me

i contacted the general manager a second time and he assured me this was the final time there would be any contact from them towards me ( i still felt like i was being dodged and nothing was being done ..) So all was quiet and well for 6 months despite the usual dodging me on items over pricing items they knew i was interested in ..changing their entire way of putting jewelry out just to make my life difficult

Then came last friday

The manager knows nothign about gold other then if it has a mark on it..so he took 2 items to the pawn shop in his pocket on his break and had them rubbed
he then returned to thrift store and told me he wanted 199$ each for the items(voiced it as one ninety nine each) .i said sure put em up at the register ..i had a 30% off card and intended on using it on my 400$ purchase

when i got to the register the cashier rang both items (no tags just a verbal price) for $1.99
each total $4.23
i paid this price and left the store the next day the manager got in my face saying i needed to pay back the money

i did nothing to manipulate the price the item was sold to me for and i have a bill of sale...im sorry

he responded with you have no clue what your doing to yourself the gears are in motion now!

i went back to shopping
the floor manager then asked me to go outside with her (this is the only person in this store with any sense of professionalism) she then told me i need to pay the money back
i told her i would but i was going to use my 30% off card.that i intended on using the day before.she said that i couldnt use the card and needed to pay the full 400$

i said then im paying nothing
she then responded with you are not going to be happy with the outcome Eric.(me).and went inside

2 days went by until i returned

Come tuesday i enter the store..the jewelry lady has been removed from the front of the store..and is going through it in the back room...and they told me i was not allowed to go in the bins of priced items to go out.

i went home and called the corperate hq
they told me the manager of the company would be in touch

the next day i went back to the store with my daughter and girlfriend
the manager came up to the front of the store pointed me out of a crowd of my friends and peers and said thats him..i had a no trespass order filed against me and That i was kicked out because the situation at hand resulted in a female employee needing to be on medication for the stress???
i guarantee its the cashieer who rang me out incorrectly or the original manager whos husband ..i had the dispute with..
i was told im not allowed in any of their stores anywhere. in the usa or canada .i feel a great deal of injustice and i want to sue.. do i have a case?

Im not a jerk i belive in karma and treating people how you want to be treated..i raise my child the same ..
My ebay buisiness is dying with no new inventory it 2 week before xmas ..i never even got to stick up for myself
any advice would really help..im stuck..

thank you all
Business is private property and if they don't want you there, they can keep you off/out of their property. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

I'mTheFather

( i have a great local reputation for being a good and honest antique seller)
Apparently, you don't have a reputation for being a good and honest antique buyer. Deservedly so.

each total $4.23

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Your post was reported because of language.

RE: Your Problem:
If they don't want you in their store, they don't have to let you in. You do NOT have a right to go on property where you're not wanted. I suggest you find a different store to shop in. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">