• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Direct tv

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mouser36

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN
Hello~I signed on with directv one year ago. Upon installation, I was verbally told I am committed for one year. The one year has now recently passed and I would like to disconnect my service with them.
I contacted them via email and was told, no, I am on a contract with them for 24months. (I did not sign any paperwork upon installation). I asked for a copy of any paperwork with my signature on it agreeing to a 2 yr. contract with them.
They replied they don't have the paperwork and they do not need any paperwork with my signature. By having them install the equipment, I'm committed to them for 24 months, period.
Is this legal for a company to do this without a written contract?
I've had contiuous problems with my service (outages and no reimbursement); their customer service (very rude, charging for service I did not request) etc;
Please advise what I can do next, if anything.
Thank you very much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">