• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DirecTV ETF

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tshumard

I live in Pennsylvania and I have a concern with DirecTV.

I have been a customer with DirecTV since May of 2009, at which time I entered into a 2 year contract with a 1 year rate guarantee. However, in March 2010, they changed the rates of my service by $4/mo. They are now charging me $4/mo additional, which I am paying taxes on, but giving me a $4 credit (no tax compensation). Is this a change to my terms that should allow me to opt out without paying an ETF?

My bill use to be 75.99/mo, now it is 79.99/mo, tax is charged, then a $4 discount is removed at the end. I do not believe that companies should blindly be able to change the terms to a contract without allowing consumers to opt out. What if this amount had been $25/mo?

tshumard

In order to "honor" my price commitment. However, I do not feel they are, they are still charging me the tax as if I were paying the new amount, and I will be stuck with the $79.99 price for 1 year rather than the $75.99 price I agreed upon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">