• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

white17

What is the name of your state? Illinois When I purchased my car I bought disability and life insurance for 60 months. I paid the car off 9 months early and they sent me a #20.00 check. I want to keep the disability insurance instead of getting back $20.00. I was told I couldn't because the car was paid off. I feel I took out insurance for 60 months.

O

oopsidaisy

No, somewhere it states in your policy the insurance lasts as long as the car is not paid off. The disabilty insurance is not on you, but he CAR!

racer72

The insurance only covers your car payments anyway, it is not a general insurance policy that covers everything such as the insurance coverage offered by an employer. As such, there is nothing for the insurance to cover, it cannot be in force anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">