• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discontinue use in writing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

in4trouble

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Md
Please help! I joined a Weight plan and signed a form agreeing to let them know in writing if I were to quit the plan, otherwise billing would be automatic. I went to the facility a few times, complained that I did not have a doctor's suppervision as promiced, and left the final visit after waiting a half hour to speak to the doctor during my appointment. I did not have a followup appointment scheduled because I was going on vacation. Returning from vacation I became ill and it was perhaps a month before i again contacted the Weight plan...by phone. I was told to email the manager thru the web site. I did that, but dont have a copy. I called to verify but the manager was again not in. I gave my name and information and said I was concerned about putting this in writing, and was told, "you just did." I did not get anything charged to my account or billed so I assumed the issue closed. 9 months later a representative from the plan contacted me asking what I intended to do about my bill, which was now 9 months past due according to them. I asked him when they had ever billed me, tried to collect, or anything. He didn't seem to have that in his records. I told him that I had never recieved any benefit or used any services and that perhaps this could be written off because I had indeed spoken to someone and attempted to write. He said it was his job to simply find out what was going on and he referred the matter on. He specifically asked if I intended to continue or to come back and I said no. Again I am too stupid to write this to anyone. I see this as "documented".
two days ago I recieve a phone call from a collections officer. He threatens litigation for breaking a contract. He says the bill is now $8,000. (It has continued acruing.)
What do I do?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Md
Please help! I joined a Weight plan and signed a form agreeing to let them know in writing if I were to quit the plan, otherwise billing would be automatic. I went to the facility a few times, complained that I did not have a doctor's suppervision as promiced, and left the final visit after waiting a half hour to speak to the doctor during my appointment. I did not have a followup appointment scheduled because I was going on vacation. Returning from vacation I became ill and it was perhaps a month before i again contacted the Weight plan...by phone. I was told to email the manager thru the web site. I did that, but dont have a copy. I called to verify but the manager was again not in. I gave my name and information and said I was concerned about putting this in writing, and was told, "you just did." I did not get anything charged to my account or billed so I assumed the issue closed. 9 months later a representative from the plan contacted me asking what I intended to do about my bill, which was now 9 months past due according to them. I asked him when they had ever billed me, tried to collect, or anything. He didn't seem to have that in his records. I told him that I had never recieved any benefit or used any services and that perhaps this could be written off because I had indeed spoken to someone and attempted to write. He said it was his job to simply find out what was going on and he referred the matter on. He specifically asked if I intended to continue or to come back and I said no. Again I am too stupid to write this to anyone. I see this as "documented".
two days ago I recieve a phone call from a collections officer. He threatens litigation for breaking a contract. He says the bill is now $8,000. (It has continued acruing.)
What do I do?

**A: is this a case of being poor on a weight loss program?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">