• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dish Network under-charging me.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

McCallister

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I have had service with Dish Network since September of this year. I live in an apartment and opted to pay a slightly higher monthly rate in order to avoid a 2 year contract since I may only be in my current apartment for 1 year. So I had to pay an initial, one time, $100 install fee as well. During the whole purchase process, I was providing all the usual info to Dish through their national service phone number and not through a local contractor. I got that all taken care of and went have my landlord sign the form that says renters have the right to install a dish on there patio area. My landlord said I needed to go through a local contractor they use for satellite service. So that is who I contacted then. The local contractor said since I am getting the install through them now, I needed to contact Dish Networks national center again and cancel everything since I would be setting up service locally. So I did just that and cancelled my original order. I also confirmed with the local contractor that I did not want to do the 2 year contract. So after that is done, the local contractor comes out and installs the dish and has me sign the paper work. I singed it and am positive I declined the contract option on it. Well, Aside from my first bill which usually is higher as usual, my bills have all been showing the discounted promo rate as if I am on a 2 yr contract....! After the first bill I contacted my local contractor and left a message stating it seemed I am getting charged the promo rate for the contract and wanted clarification. He called back and left a message stating that I indeed singed the form declining the 2 year contract. I wish I had the ability to download and save that message, but my wireless company automatically deleted voicemails after a certain time I guess.

Question is, do I just let them continue billing me as is since this is their problem? Can they come back and back charge me when I have a copy of the contract showing I declined the 2 year contract price?

Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I have had service with Dish Network since September of this year. I live in an apartment and opted to pay a slightly higher monthly rate in order to avoid a 2 year contract since I may only be in my current apartment for 1 year. So I had to pay an initial, one time, $100 install fee as well. During the whole purchase process, I was providing all the usual info to Dish through their national service phone number and not through a local contractor. I got that all taken care of and went have my landlord sign the form that says renters have the right to install a dish on there patio area. My landlord said I needed to go through a local contractor they use for satellite service. So that is who I contacted then. The local contractor said since I am getting the install through them now, I needed to contact Dish Networks national center again and cancel everything since I would be setting up service locally. So I did just that and cancelled my original order. I also confirmed with the local contractor that I did not want to do the 2 year contract. So after that is done, the local contractor comes out and installs the dish and has me sign the paper work. I singed it and am positive I declined the contract option on it. Well, Aside from my first bill which usually is higher as usual, my bills have all been showing the discounted promo rate as if I am on a 2 yr contract....! After the first bill I contacted my local contractor and left a message stating it seemed I am getting charged the promo rate for the contract and wanted clarification. He called back and left a message stating that I indeed singed the form declining the 2 year contract. I wish I had the ability to download and save that message, but my wireless company automatically deleted voicemails after a certain time I guess.

Question is, do I just let them continue billing me as is since this is their problem? Can they come back and back charge me when I have a copy of the contract showing I declined the 2 year contract price?

Thanks.
In the first statement, you sound as if you DON'T have a copy...do you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">