• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disputing a vet bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cattrouble

My kitten got out of the house and was picked up by animal control. They took him to a local vet for boarding (10 days)because he had not yet gotten a rabies shot. While he was there he contracted distemper and died. The vet then sent me a bill for $950 in services. (I had already paid animal control for the boarding and fines) Apparently they preformed tests and treatments on the cat once he got sick but at no time informed me what they were doing or asked my permission to preform any of these services. In fact they never even called me to inform me he had died and never gave me a bill itemizing the charges. They have now sent me to collections and are threatening to sue. What do I do now? Thanks for any help anyone can give me. By the way I am in Minnesota if that matters.
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">