• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CTSCAM

What is the name of your state? Washington
I recently bought and had an alarm installed at a well know car accessory store. Shortly after the installation of the alarm my car started having trouble, so I took it to my personal mechanic to find out what was causing the problem. They ran my car through their diagnostic machine and did a manual search through my electrical system. They discovered there were many wires that were cut and spliced into the wires from the ignition box to my cars ECM/PCM (some computer of the fuel injection system). After finding this they decided to look at the alarm more closely. The found out that the ground wire for the alarm had been placed to closely to my cars ECM and that it had caused my ECM to short out, and started a whole chain reaction of problems. In the end I had to pay over $750 to get my car fixed. My question is do I have a case that can win in court to make them pay the bill since they guarantee all of their installations? I have a signed affidavit stating what the shop and the General Motors dealership found, as well as a statement from the dealership saying that they do not advise aftermarket wiring into the wires the alarm was hooked to. Can I win in court? Any suggestions/thoughts/ reactions, feel free to reply.
CTSCAM:confused:

Last edited:

C

CTSCAM

Thanks for the input. I just needed to find out if anyone else thought I had a decent case before I filed a law suit against them. I have just found out from some of my friends and some of their attourneys that they have had the same problems with the exact company and they have won their cases. thank's for replying.
CTSCAM:eek:

C

CTSCAM

Thanks I'll let you know how it turns out.
Anymore questions or comments feel free to reply.

CTSCAM <--- This slightly hints of whom I'm dealing with:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">