• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case against the dealership here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JohnQconsumer

What is the name of your state? SC

I purchased a car on Jan 17th at a dealership. Yesterday 17 days later, I recieved a call from the salesperson saying, "I heard from the finance man, that you forgot to sign something, you have to come in" Yea right.... So i called him and he said they didnt like the deal that was submitted and they needed more money down...17 days later!! The catch is, he knew they didnt like it 2 days after I bought the car, and they allowed me drive around in it, knowing full well i had not been accepted at those terms. What troubles me besides letting me drive around is, what if i wrecked the car somehow, then i would have been responsible. Some might say, well thats what insurance is for. Yes that is true, but had i been told 2 days later i could have brought the car back and avoided said accident. Instead they kept quiet and tried other financing options letting me drive around for almost 3 weeks. Car salesman are the scum of the earth as most people know. I bet if i got them in court and they had to testify, when they put their hand on the bible and said i swear to tell the truth, the book would burst into flames. Anyway, if I could get some advice on if i have a case here, which i beleive would fall under gross negligence or the like, please let me know. thank you very much

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JohnQconsumer said:
What is the name of your state? SC

I purchased a car on Jan 17th at a dealership. Yesterday 17 days later, I recieved a call from the salesperson saying, "I heard from the finance man, that you forgot to sign something, you have to come in" Yea right.... So i called him and he said they didnt like the deal that was submitted and they needed more money down...17 days later!! The catch is, he knew they didnt like it 2 days after I bought the car, and they allowed me drive around in it, knowing full well i had not been accepted at those terms. What troubles me besides letting me drive around is, what if i wrecked the car somehow, then i would have been responsible. Some might say, well thats what insurance is for. Yes that is true, but had i been told 2 days later i could have brought the car back and avoided said accident. Instead they kept quiet and tried other financing options letting me drive around for almost 3 weeks. Car salesman are the scum of the earth as most people know. I bet if i got them in court and they had to testify, when they put their hand on the bible and said i swear to tell the truth, the book would burst into flames. Anyway, if I could get some advice on if i have a case here, which i beleive would fall under gross negligence or the like, please let me know. thank you very much

==========================

My response:

None of the facts of your story have ANYTHING to do with your responsibility, under the law, to purchase insurance on the FIRST day that you drove the car. Absolutely nothing.

If the financing fell through, then you have an obligation under the contract to obtain financing - - and, finding financing has nothing to do with your obligation to be insured.

You've got nothing.

IAAL

J

JohnQconsumer

you must be one of them

Hello, having insurance isnt the issue. I did get insurance the day i bought the car. The problem is They knew 2 days after buying the car that fiance didnt go through and no one called me for 15 more DAYS!! how can you say ive got nothing. You see, if i did get in an accident then i would have had to make a claim on the insurance right away cause i have to bring it back, but if they called 2 days after i was first there, i would have brought it right back to avoid getting into a bad situation. And the finance guy actually didnt call me, the salesperson called with some story about an unsigned document, and when i called the finance guy, he told me i was approved still but they needed more money, something he knew for 15 days and didnt call me.. point is, they knew for 15 days there were problems, arent you supposed to call customers right away and tell them something is wrong. The real reason is they tried everything they could to avoid losing a sale. so keep it a secret from the customer and let them find out weeks later when they knew 2 days later. thats the issue, never calling me when they knew something was wrong.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">