• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have A Case/Walmart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LONDON1234

What is the naWhat is the name of your state? Louisiana
I purchase a used car on 12/06/02 for $1700.00 cash. Purchase car from a person who buy cars from the auction. Noticed when I got the car the oil change notice on window was a few miles over. Car was for my son Xmas present. Sent son who is 17 to walmart to get oil changed. My son informed me he had to sign a release form, didn't know why and didn't think much of it. Well today the car stopped and I was informed the motor gone. Went back to Walmart to see why son had to sign release form, Tech informed me that when the car came in it didnt have a drop of oil, review the reciept it noted on the receipt tires need change and "Prior oil leak". What are my rights, can i go after the person who sold me the car or it's my lost. Not sure what the lemon law is and if it apply in this case. I haven't had the title switch yet, is it necessary for me to spend out more money(to get titile) on a 1988 Toyota that I will never be able to drive since I was told it would cost me over $2000.00 to get another motor. By the way no warrant was given on the car. Please advise what I can do to recove any of my cash. I'm really need help

I was informed to go after walmart since it didnt say out of oil, do i need to request a copy of the release my son signed?

Thanks in advance for any clever advice or tactic I can use when contacting the seller, which I plan on doing once I find out my rights. Want to be prepared when I confront Him.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You've got nothing against anyone. This one's all on you. Prior to purchase, you failed to have the vehicle inspected by your own mechanic.

The law of private sales of personal property is "Caveat Emptor" - - "Let the buyer beware."

Walmart didn't leak the oil. They only put in fresh oil. They can't help it that your engine leaked. You and your son failed to notice the leak, and to check the oil level. The engine was apparently "fried" before Walmart saw the vehicle. Who knows how long your son was driving without oil prior to Walmart's work. They were NOT hired to be your mechanic. They were hired to change oil. They did that.

IAAL

Last edited:
L

LONDON1234

Thank you for your response, but my son just got the car. You mentioned the engine was fired before walmart visit. Does that mean the seller sold me a fried motor? If that is the case how do i prove that.

F

franklin2003

ok London<

You live in Louisana and you dont know how to deal with Rednecks?

Rednecks are crooks, just like your friend who buys a car at auction for $500 and sells it to you for $1700 with no warranty and since he does it on the side you think you are getting a great deal, he might even show you the blue book value of $2200 and say its $500 less then what a dealer would sell it for....

You didnt pop up the hood and check the oil or tires with a flashlight, or look to see if there is apuddle underneath, or anything before handing over the money...was it in cash too?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">