• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a contract? (Idaho)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Giltzowm

I live in Idaho and am wondering if I have a valid contract with a resort in Washington. Most correspondence has been by phone. A contract for my daughter's wedding (for June 2005) was faxed from the resort to our home. My wife signed the contract and faxed it back (Jan 2005) . We never received a copy of the contract signed by the resort. They said they sent a copy to my daughter's address but she says she never received it. I have since asked for a copy of the contract but have not received one yet.
The dispute is this: There were room rates quoted on the contract. Since the contract we have received 3 emails from the wedding planner (employed by the resort) confirming our reservations, prices and wedding activities. These three emails quote lower prices for the rooms (ours & our guests) than in the contract. We assumed they were giving us a better rate because of the size of our group. We counted on it and told our guests to count on the lower rates. When we checked out of our rooms we were given even higher rates than the contract prices but they agreed to reduce those to the contract price. When asked about the emails we were told they were a mistake and the contract prices would be used. I asked for a copy of the contract but the resort couldn't produce one saying that the wedding planner had it and had left on vacation. I'm still waiting for a copy. Do I have a valid contract or not? Thanks - Mike

Last edited:

fire1ss

What?

What happened to the copy of the signed contract that was faxed to you? When your wife signed it and faxed it back didn't you retain that copy?

Giltzowm

I do not have the copy my wife signed. I do have a copy with no signatures. The copy my wife signed was not signed by the resort. In other words my wife signed first and faxed the copy to the resort. If they signed it, we never got a copy with both signatures. I hope that clears up any confusion my post caused. - Mike

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">