• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i have to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

staci21lee

What is the name of your state? california

new home; warrenty service sent an air and heating co. to fix a/c;furance. replaced thermostat;replaced furance due to crack. that night house was 78 degrees/gargage 60 degrees forgot to connect something.
contractor came out to repair again; repair of duct directing cool air to house
(his mistake, forgot to hook up); found another problem repaired without consent, nor estimate of repair; nor was i notified of additional repair needed.
states he is going to bill me for the additional work. do i have to pay for this?
the warranty service was only to replace the furnace and thermostat. They had to come back because they installed the furnace wrong. Now trying to bill us for their mistake.

Last edited:

divgradcurl

staci21lee said:
What is the name of your state? california

new home; warrenty service on a/c;furance. replaced thermostat;replaced furance due to crack. that night house was 78 degrees/gargage 60 degrees.
contractor came out to repair again; repair of duct directing cool air to house
(his mistake, forgot to hook up); found another problem repaired without consent, nor estimate of repair; nor was i notified of additional repair needed.
states he is going to bill me for the additional work. do i have to pay for this?
Well, if you don't pay for it, you risk getting a lien placed on your house. in which case the debt will be paid sooner or later. If this was warranty service, what are they charging for?

staci21lee

all they came and so called fixed was a hole they made in the unit they replaced by putting tape over the hole... thats what I am being charged for right now for them putting tape on a part that was supposedly detached by them knocking it off while they installed the unit... the NEW unit didt work the next day so I called them and told them whats wrong and this is what happened when they got there... :mad:

HappyHusband

staci21lee said:
states he is going to bill me for the additional work.
If he does send you a bill, forward the bill along with a certified letter to the builder who built your house and provides the new home warranty, requesting that the builder pay the bill. Follow up with phone calls, since builders like to file and ignore paperwork.
The builder should either pay the bill or make the A/C contractor hold up their end of the warranty agreement. Either way, you shouldn't have to pay the bill.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">