• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to provide written warranty info?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dreamer111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Hello. I run a small (very small) computer repair/ support service company.
Recently I had a case when customer brought a laptop that wasn't booting up. I diagnosed a hard drive failure. (customer had 2 hdds in the laptop) and recommended to replace harddrives.

2 months later after she received repaired computer with 2 brand new harddrives in it she called me and said that she wants complete refund because one of the hard drives have failed. I said that I can't take it back for a refund - it's been over a month and she can contact the manufacturer to get a replacement if she wants to (I would do it for her - but I got completely bitched out during several phone conversations).

So - to make the story short - she want to sue me now.

I never gave her any confirmation or copy of an invoice or written contract or anything else that would indicate that i have performed any work at all on her computer. I don't get a warranty or returns policy either. She paid with personal cash that I just cased (I pay my taxes though on it anyway - don't get me wrong plz).

QUESTIONS (I would really appreciate your help. I'm in a very sad an depressed mood right now because of this entire story:(

1) So - my question - can she sue me in small claims court without any evidences?

2) How likely is that she will win this case in small claims court?

3) Do i have to provide any paperwork to customers?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">