• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I have to return money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SemSrg

Here is the story.

I sold my car wich has title "rebuilt" but in very good condition.
And in seven month buyer discovered this fact when he was trying to sell the car. So, he came back to me and said that I have to give him back the difference.
But he saw the title, I gave the answers on the all questions he asked, and I have all papers he signed.

The car was sold in Florida.
So, what are my options in this case?
Do I have to return the difference?

Any input appreciated

racer72

If the buyer knew at the time he purchased the vehicle from you that it had a rebuilt title, he has no claim against you. But you state that he "discovered" the car had a rebuilt title after 7 months. This would lead me to believe that you mislead the buyer and did not disclose the rebuilt title at the time of purchase. He would then have a legitimate claim. If you have proof that he knew of the rebuilt title, tell him to sue you. When he is unable to prove deceipt, you will win.

S

SemSrg

Thank you for you reply

That is what he saying. That I didn't tell him about the title.
But he saw the title! He took me to the bank to take a loan for the car, and he read the title from the top to the bottom.
He didn't ask me about rebuilt title, like what does it mean or something.
Car was in very good condition, he liked the car and agreed to pay money I've asked.

I am sure that this car is safe and good driving and as I sad he came back after 7 months because he wanted to sell it.

So, the question is, do I have to put a sign on the car that it was rebuilt with detailed explanation what does it mean?

And back to your statement, can I proove that he knew about the title. It is tough question because it looks like he had no clue what does it mean. And I was answering all his questions and not further.

thank you for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">