• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

my child plays for a college hockey team. we are billed $2500 a year for him to play. this covers everything from the travel bus to hotels to the food stipen. we have to supply our own equipment and purchase our own jerseys separately. i think there is some shady stuff going on with the team manager as for the funds....kids are required to stay 4 in a hotel room while he is staying by himself in a suite and he doesnt pay for it. do i have a right to see the paperwork on the finances of the team? i am paying and feel i should see this stuff.

FlyingRon

Right? No, you can certainly ask.

I can tell you that the suite may not cost you anything. When you book a large number of rooms at a hotel (especially on a regular basis), they often upgrade the tour organizer/leader. Why should the coach have to pay his own way in exchange for coaching and charaponing your kids?

momm2500

1. it is not about the coach (he gets a salary anyway)
2. the question is pertaining to the team manager
3. do i have a right to request copies of all the accounting for the team since i am a paying member?
4. this guy has restricted my kid and one other kid from playing since they owe less than $500....but 5 other kids who have transfered to the main school (which is 2 hrs away) he has not restricted them or prevented them from enrolling into school for the next semester and they owe more money than these 2 kids do!!

JETX

do i have a right to request copies of all the accounting for the team since i am a paying member?
Unless there is some type of 'audit clause' in the documents you signed, you do not have an inherent RIGHT to audit the teams travel expenses.

However, as pointed out to you, you can certainly REQUEST a review of the travel expenses. And if they refuse, you could consider raising your issue above the coach 'level' to the school authorities.

cyjeff

Unless there is some type of 'audit clause' in the documents you signed, you do not have an inherent RIGHT to audit the teams travel expenses.

However, as pointed out to you, you can certainly REQUEST a review of the travel expenses. And if they refuse, you could consider raising your issue above the coach 'level' to the school authorities.
Or to the other parents.

I would also make very sure that your information is solid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">