• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a suit against used car dealer??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CAbshier

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I bought used truck from dealer. Paid 1700 dollars for down payment. Bank didnt have title for 66 days and I had gone through 2 30-day temp tags, going on a 3rd. The vehicles exhaust was broke before I bought it,because a roomate noticed it the day after I brought it home. I have witness to prove that fact. I had also told the dealership about it. The owner of the dealership had made an oral contract to have me refinanced in 2 months because the payments were so high. After owning the vehicle for the 2 months and almost going broke, I had contacted the owner, like I had done each week to follow up the progress on getting it refinanced. He had told me that he couldnt do anything about it. The vehicles electrical system had started to malfuntion, so I turned the car back into him. Did I mention that a supposed trade in for my other vehicle somehow became a consignment, and traded in vehicle did not get payed off/ payed on. I am now behind on old trucks payments, ( I had gotten the old truck back after I had turned in the newer one)and the owner wants to keep the 1700 dollar down payment for damages(not done by me) and milage on the truck when he got it back. The owner payed the finance company the loan back. I had paid for the milage when I paid the truck note, correct?

Question:1) Is there a set amount for each mile that was put on the truck?
2)Do I have to pay for the broken exhaust?
3) Is there any legal action I can take and What would it fall under?
4) Will I be able to get the down payment back?

I am an Active Navy Member and have consulted Navy Legal about it. They couldnt help. I NEED SOME HELP, Please.

Any would be greatly appreciated.

:(

M

mikkey5

I am an Active Navy Member

They will sue you and get a judgement and it will be deducted from your pay.

Its called ripping off the dumb military suckers.

You are EASY pray for these people.

M

morganlabel

You might want to check out the soldiers' and sailors' act-it was written in order to protect people serving the military in active duty. In summary it basically states that obtaining a judgement against someone serving in active duty is almost impossible. I would check it further, however your credit can still be affected by late payments, or even a charge off being reported. I would look over the contract and verify that what you signed and agreed to is what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">