• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do we have any rights here?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dream5866

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Tuesday evening my husband and I went to a shelter to purchase two ferrets. We wre told through email that the ferrets were fun, friendly, very sweet, good-natured, etc. When we got there both ferrets seemed a little hyper but the seller told us that they were that way because she hadnt had a chance to let them out of their cage yet since we got there a little early. One of the ferrets was very calm, didnt bite or nip and sat in our lap. The other one was very squirmy and did nip a little bit, but was otherwise calm. THe woman at the shelter told us that she just nips a little bit once in awhile, but that is all, no bites. Once we got them home it was a different story, especially the next morning. Not only were they unapproachable or unholdable, but they actually chased us down to bite us. It is not just nips, its full fledged bites and they dont let go. My children are terrified of them. They walk around wearing shoes for fear of having their feet bitten, but the ferrets have learned to go for the ankles. The shelter refuses to take them back and refund our money because we signed a contract that said that we were accepting them. There was no "as is" statement, but it did say that if we changed our mind about wanting them there would be no refund. My question is, since the seller misrepresented the personality of the ferrets, do we have any rights?

teflon_jones

Unless you have something in writing, then you're stuck with them.

You should have researched ferrets more before purchasing them. They have an extensive history of biting, and are not calm animals in any way, shape, or form.

kathrynne

Yep, you definitely should've researched ferrets before adopting them! They'll sleep the majority of any 24-hour cycle, but when they're awake they're hyper little balls of fuzz and teeth.

Cute, smelly (even when neutered), hyper ... perhaps this link will help: http://www.ferretcentral.org/

My sister had three ferrets and I never saw them as ideal pets--this coming from a woman with a free-flight parrot. :D

You Are Guilty

Let's see.

Connecticut has a large population of hungry homeless people. You have two furry steaks with tails that you want to get rid of. Seems like the solution is obvious. Plus, you do your good deed for the week at the same time. It's a win-win.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">