• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Auto-renew release the responsibilty of notification before renewal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmxin

What is the name of your state?New Jersey is the state.
This private martial-arts school had me sign an auto-renewal contract. But after a year they have renewed the contract as per the original auto-renew clause in the contract. But I do not want to continue. Is it not necessary for them to give an notification before renewal? Is it not necessary fot the member to have a fair chance of deciding on renewal/Cancellation at the end of a year? Also I am ready for a fine for opting out but they have no option for that. They are now forcing me to pay them every month eventhough I do not want to continue with the membership. Is this fair? Don't I have any other option other than paying them everymonth? Can I go to an attorney?

Please help.

shortbus

Uh, that's usually what the "auto" in "auto-renewal" means: you're not notified, it just happens.

Read the contract. Unless they behaved inconsistently with the terms, you have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">