• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does this car purchase qualify for nc's "cooling off" period law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dummy1

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I received a car dealer's brochure in the mail addressed to me saying that I was one of only 400+ people in Charlotte who were invited to this special car sale due to my excellent credit(please don't laugh at me).

I ended up giving a trade in and down payment totaling $7000.00. Ford Credit financed the $ 16,333 balance for me. The salesman told me that N.C. did not provide a "cooling off" period for that purchase and all sales were final.

Several days later I found out that I'd paid $ 23,360 ( $ 7000. + $16, 333) for a vehicle that kelly blue book states the trade in value was only $13,200, the private party sale value ws $ 15,300, and the dealer's suggestd retail price was $ 17,485.

Theoretically, I paid anywhere from $ 6000. - $ 10,160 in excess of the vehicle's value.

Since I did receive a personal solicitation (sales brochure) at my home through the mail inviting me to their dealership for this"special" sale, can this possibly qualify for NC's "cooling off" period.

Can I return the vehicle and get my down payment back?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dummy1 said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I received a car dealer's brochure in the mail addressed to me saying that I was one of only 400+ people in Charlotte who were invited to this special car sale due to my excellent credit(please don't laugh at me).

I ended up giving a trade in and down payment totaling $7000.00. Ford Credit financed the $ 16,333 balance for me. The salesman told me that N.C. did not provide a "cooling off" period for that purchase and all sales were final.

Several days later I found out that I'd paid $ 23,360 ( $ 7000. + $16, 333) for a vehicle that kelly blue book states the trade in value was only $13,200, the private party sale value ws $ 15,300, and the dealer's suggestd retail price was $ 17,485.

Theoretically, I paid anywhere from $ 6000. - $ 10,160 in excess of the vehicle's value.

Since I did receive a personal solicitation (sales brochure) at my home through the mail inviting me to their dealership for this"special" sale, can this possibly qualify for NC's "cooling off" period.

Can I return the vehicle and get my down payment back?

My response:

No. The contract was consummated at the dealership; not your home. Well, P.T. Barnum was correct.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">