• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does this car purchase qualify for nc's "cooling off" period law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ellie07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Greenville, North Carolina
Hello, i bought the new car, Sienna premium limited 2017 AWD, on Feb 15, 2017. They brought the car to my house and all the paper work is done/ signed in my house. however, After my father signed the contract, we found out that the car does not have some function we want. like lounge seating, power third-row seat. Most important "smart key system with push button start" which they stated in the paper/ So is it possible that i can return the car? I've heard that under North Carolina law, we can return the car within 7 days if the paper work isn't done at dealerships. Is it true? Thank you.

adjusterjack

Read the following explanation of NC's right to cancel.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/Consumer/Purchases-and-Contracts/Right-to-Cancel.aspx

An exception to the right to cancel is for sales made after negotiations at the seller's normal place of business or at a permanent retail shop.

You first went to the dealer to pick out the car and negotiate the purchase. All the dealer did at your home was deliver the car and fill out the paperwork.

You don't have the right to cancel the deal.

As for the car you bought, you should have made sure that it had everything you wanted before making the deal.

Too late now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">