• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does my contract qualify as a future service plan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pstevens

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

It seems this company is similar to a vacation buyers club. They buy vacations in bulk, and I get them for a discounted price. The contract states that I will pay x amount of dollars for y number of vacations, and I have to pay, among few other charges, an "annual service charge." This sounds like a future service plan to me as defined under Wisconsin Law of Future Service Plans (chapter 136). The company is trying to convince me that I have "purchased" those vacations, so it's not a future service; although I cannot use those vacations until I have paid a certain amount (which I have not). In addition, I have to pay a fee each time I book a vacation, and I also have the option of purchasing additional vacations for a discounted price.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">