• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a Warranty expire?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eplaw

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I purchased some bedroom furniture in 2001 which turned out to be defective. The store's own inspector confirmed this. A simple exchange wasn't possible because the store no longer carried this unique style. I was told that a credit would be placed on my account until I found something in their store that I liked. Over the past 4 years my wife and I have frequently visited the store and inquired about the credit and been told it was still valid. (We've even purchased $2,600 worth of additional furniture from this store!)
Last week I attempted to apply the credit to the purchase of some bedroom furniture to replace the defective furniture and was told, "It's been too long. We aren't going to honor this." HELP! What's my course of action?

shortbus

The issue isn't whether the warranty expires. You made a valid claim. The issue is the credit you got in exchange.

Unless they stipulated an expiration date when you got it, it is still valid.

Call the manager and politely but firmly explain the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">