• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Partner Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikec

My daughter and her fiancee bought a car together in Arizona where they were living together at the time. They both signed the loan papers.

They have since broken their engagement and moved back to their own parents' homes in Illinois. They are both over 21.

The "ex" brought the car back with him & still has Arizona registration plates on it. (Been back since May) He has been making the payments, but has recently lost his main source of income. My daughter still has her full time job as a flight attendant and her own car (registered in her name only in Illinois) along with the loan for it.

How can I get my daughter out of the legal / financial responsibility for the "ex's" car loan?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">