• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't want the car back.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

intlharvester

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Canada.

So I'm sure this happens all the time and I imagine there are probably strong feelings on the subject, but seriously... I must know the unbridled truth.

What happens if you authorize $2000 in repairs over the phone then get cold feet? The only thing I signed for was the $120 inspection.

Can I just never call them again and let them have the car?

What are the repercussions of this??

Thank you.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Canada.

So I'm sure this happens all the time and I imagine there are probably strong feelings on the subject, but seriously... I must know the unbridled truth.

What happens if you authorize $2000 in repairs over the phone then get cold feet? The only thing I signed for was the $120 inspection.

Can I just never call them again and let them have the car?

What are the repercussions of this??

Thank you.
US Law ONLY. :cool:

Just Blue

US law only. Although I'm pretty sure in Canada repair shops aren't expected to work on cars for free.
I am sure that Canada requires payment as well. OP has proven that thieves reside both sides of our Northern Border.

Le sigh...:(

LdiJ

I am sure that Canada requires payment as well. OP has proven that thieves reside both sides of our Northern Border.

Le sigh...:(
Is he really a potential thief? After all, he is willing to let them have the car and they should be able to recoup at least their fee if they sell it...and maybe even make a profit.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Is he really a potential thief? After all, he is willing to let them have the car and they should be able to recoup at least their fee if they sell it...and maybe even make a profit.
Or, it could be that the car is worth half of what the repairs will cost...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">