• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drawingup a contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

ttleclipse01

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I am in an organization at Louisiana Tech University, called "Silver Wings" (we support our local Air Force Rotc).
We are getting ready to hold a Car Show as a fundraiser. We need to have a contract drawn up for the people who want to enter their cars in the car show. The car show will be held on La Tech campus and we want to make sure neither our organization nor our University will be held responsible for anything that happens to the participant's cars and/or bikes. Can you give me a few pointers as to what needs to be covered in our contract, or exactly what needs to be said.
Thankyou.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ttleclipse01 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I am in an organization at Louisiana Tech University, called "Silver Wings" (we support our local Air Force Rotc).
We are getting ready to hold a Car Show as a fundraiser. We need to have a contract drawn up for the people who want to enter their cars in the car show. The car show will be held on La Tech campus and we want to make sure neither our organization nor our University will be held responsible for anything that happens to the participant's cars and/or bikes. Can you give me a few pointers as to what needs to be covered in our contract, or exactly what needs to be said.
Thankyou.

My response:

While there is a conspicuous absence of a law library at LTU (and why would there be one at a technical - engineering and science - college in the first place?), you can always skip on down the road a bit and check out the law library at LSU, which boasts one of the 20 largest law libraries in the United States.

I am equally sure that their law librarian could point you in the right direction to a near ready made contract for your purposes.

Go get 'em, Techies!

IAAL

P.S. You also don't have a football team. But then, who would want a bunch of guys on a football team that wear Coke bottle lenses for glasses and pocket protectors?

Last edited:
T

ttleclipse01

lol...To I Am Always Liable

Tech does have a football team, in fact we won WAC championship last year...just to let you know...lol

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: lol...To I Am Always Liable

ttleclipse01 said:
"Tech does have a football team, in fact we won WAC championship last year...just to let you know...lol"

==================================

My response:

Oh, yeah, sure . . . and the team mascot is a furry sliderule.

And, you'll also have me believe that they bring their calculators into the huddle, too? Correct?

"Let's see, hmmm. The square root of the trajectory, times the distance to the 20 yard line, minus pi to the 10th digit, plus the velocity squared, ahhhh, YES!

I calculate that by the second quarter, we should have a touchdown!"

Yeah, right. And, what's the team name, anyway? The "Brainiacs"? The "Scientists"? The "LTU Cubes"? The "Synapse"? The "Triangles"?

What?

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">