• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-bill from AEP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dramsey

If i received an "e-bill" with a due date and the amount due on the 17th. There's no fine print, no other amount, and no other date...but electric was turned off on the 14th, when i called them, they said its my responsibility to log in and see the bill and if I would have done that i would have seen a past due amount that needed to be paid before the 14th...WHY WOULD I DO THAT WHEN THEY SENT ME THE AMOUNT DUE AND WHEN IT WAS DO BY???? I feel i have valid complaint

quincy

If i received an "e-bill" with a due date and the amount due on the 17th. There's no fine print, no other amount, and no other date...but electric was turned off on the 14th, when i called them, they said its my responsibility to log in and see the bill and if I would have done that i would have seen a past due amount that needed to be paid before the 14th...WHY WOULD I DO THAT WHEN THEY SENT ME THE AMOUNT DUE AND WHEN IT WAS DO BY???? I feel i have valid complaint
What is the name of your state, dramsey?

Are you not familiar with when your bills are due each month?

Have you been receiving e-bills for a long time instead of paper bills through the mail, or is this something new?

I assume the bill you failed to pay was your electric bill, hence the shut-off of services. Is this correct?

Why do you believe you have a valid excuse for not paying your bill when it was due?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ok, so on March 1st, you received an ebill saying that bill was due on March 17th. Too bad you ALSO had a balance due from February 1st that had been due on or about February 17th. You got shut off because of the PAST DUE balance, not because of the current balance.

(I'm using the above dates for illustrative purposes only)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">